11 Aug Different Ways to Save Money
If you’d like to save a few extra dollars, we have some tips to help you out. Read below for 11 ways that you can save money.
- Save your loose change. If you save fifty cents per day, you will save nearly $200 in a year. Collect your loose change in a jar at home.
- Maintain a budget. If you are trying to save money, make a budget and keep it. You will be more aware of where your money goes, allowing you to find places that you can cut back.
- Sleep on purchases. If you are guilty of being an impulse buyer, use self control and wat 24 hours before you purchase something expensive. You will have fewer regrets and more money if you give yourself time to think if you really want that item.
- Don’t go to the mall. If you can’t resist a good sale, simply avoid going to the mall for a few weeks.
- Use cash. Instead of relying on your credit card for purchases, use cash. Take out however much cash you will need according to your budget and only spend that much money. It will make you recognize how much you are spending, and hold you accountable for your spending habits.
- Use coupons. While it may seem old fashioned or stingy to use coupons, if you are not an avid couponer, your should be! Take advantage of the resources available to you to help you save money.
- Make a shopping list. If you make a shopping list, you are less likely to buy whatever thing looks appealing on the shelves. Plan your meals each week so that you know what you will need.
- Check online. If you are at a store about to buy something, check the price tag online. If you are willing to wait for it to be shipped to you, you can save quite a bit of money.
- Use your bank’s ATM. ATM fees add up quickly and can cost you hundreds of dollars per year. It may be less convenient to find an ATM that is specific to your bank, but it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Find cheap gas. The most convenient gas station is probably charging you $0.10 more per gallon. If you drive a little further away from the freeway, gas prices drop $0.05-$0.10. There are quite a few apps that will help you find the best prices, like GasBuddy and Gas Guru.
- Decide to be more frugal. A desire to save money is the most important thing that you can do on your quest to save.